4020. Louis Gagne & 4021. Marie Michel
9/13/1612, Louis “Gasnier” baptized in St Martin d’Ilge, Perche, Orne, France; s/o 8040. Louis Gagne & 8041. Marie Launay; godmother Francoise Launay, godfather Rene Lareau. [St Martin a protestant community.]
1620, Marie born in St Martin du Vieux Belleme, Mortange, Perche, France; d/o §Pierre Michel & §Louise Gory.
Louis learned to write and became a miller.
9/28/1632, Marie’s father died.
6/11/1638 in St Martin du Vieux Belleme, France, Louis married Marie.
1642-44, Louis and family traveled to New France where they would work for Noel Jinchereau, a member of the Company of 100 Associates.
10/27/1646, Louis, a laborer, and having completed his contract with Noel Jinchereau, went to live in Beaupre to work for 3 years for the Gagnon family.
10/3/1647, “Louis Gagné will be grand patron of the said Saint-Charles Farm for six years, from All Saints Day 1646 to that of 1652.” [Received from Olivier Letardif, who had become co-seigneur of Beaupre the previous April.]
10/20/1650, Letardif ceded Louis 5 arpents of waterfront property west of the Grande River in what would become Sainte-Anne-du-Petit-Cap, later, Sainte-Anne-de-Beaupré.
11/11/1652 in Chapel of St Joachim, Chateau Richer, Louis attended the wedding of 3728. Julien Fortin dit Bellefontaine & 3729. Genevieve Gamache dit Lamarre.
3/31/1653, Louis completed all of his obligations to Olivier Letardif and moved to Ste Anne to build a house, “faire a desert” – to make a clearing for a house.
1/18/1654 in Quebec, Louis attended the wedding of 4016. Julien Mercier & 4017. Marie Poulin.
12/10/1659, Louis present at the closing of the “fabrique” [accounting book] of the church at Sainte-Anne-du-Petit-Cap.
2/2/1660, Louis and Marie and children Louise, Marie, Pierre, and Olivier confirmed in Chateau Richer.
1661, Louis owed 134 livres to the Jesuits, 19 to Sieur de la Chenay, 15 to Denis Briere, and 50 to sailor  Jacques Asselin.
[6/18/1661, several people were killed by Indians in Beaupre.]
By 7/14/1661, Louis, age 49, died in Chateau Richer; his property being inventoried by Aubert.
1661-1665, Marie paid her church tithes.
1663, Marie paid 4 livres for 3 days work in the church.
1666 census of Comte de Montmorency; Marie, 40 and a widow, children: Louise 24, Marie 22, Pierre 20, Olivier 18, Anne 12, Louis 10, Ignace 8, Joachim 6.
9/1/1666, Marie married 2nd  Paul Rainville.
4/2/1675, Marie sold half her property to her son Louis.
7/6/1679, Marie repurchased the land she had sold to her son Louis in order to sell the land to Joseph Pare.
1681, Marie and her new husband live in Bellechasse.
Marie and Paul moved back to Beauport.
10/12/1686, Paul died at Beauport.
Marie made a financial arrangement with her daughter Anne at Sainte-Anne-du-Petit-Cap.
11/12/1687, Marie, age 67, died in Sainte-Anne-du-Petit-Cap. Her son-in-law Francois Lacroix attended the burial.
(S) Our French-Canadian Ancestors, T.J. Laforest, V-XII.
Children of Louis and Marie:
i. Louis Gagne, baptized 9/8/1639 in St Martin du Vieux Belleme, France.
1665-72, Nicolas Gamache and Louis Gagne served Daniel de Remy, Sieur de Courcelles, Governor of New France.
ii. Louise Gagne, baptized 1/20/1642 in St Martin du Vieux Belleme, France.
5/25/1654 in Beaupre, Louise, age 12, married Claude Bouchard, age 28, s/o Jacques.
4/27/1721, Louise, age 79, died in Petitie Riviere St Francois.
iii. Marie Gagne, born 9/5/1644 in Quebec, Canada.
9/20/1644, Marie baptized in Quebec; godfather Noel Jinchereau des Chatelets, a member of the Company of 100 Associates; godmother Marie Langlois, wife of Jean Jinchereau.
1/26/1659 in Notre Dame du Quebec, Marie married Andre Berthelot, s/o Andre.
7/30/1690 in Ste Anne de Beaupre, Marie married Jacques Abelin.
11/18/1717, Marie, age 73, died in Ste Anne de Beaupre.
iv. Pierre Gagne, born 3/27/1647 in Quebec, Canada.
10/28/1668 in Ste Anne de Beaupre, Pierre married Louise Faure.
4/1710, Pierre, age 63, died in Cap St Ignace.
v. Olivier Gagne, born 5/7/1649 in Quebec, Canada.
11/8/1679 in St Francois, I.O., Olivier married Elisabeth, d/o Antoine Pepin & Marie Testu.
4/17/1730, Olivier, age 81, died in St Francois, I.O.
vi. Louis Gagne (2010), born 7/7/1651 in Quebec, Canada.
vii. Anne Gagne, born 10/27/1653 in Quebec, Canada.
9/11/1670 in Ste Anne de Beaupre, Anne married Francois Normand Lacroix, s/o Francois Lacroix & Jeanne Huot.
1723, Anne died in Beaupre.
viii. Ignace Gagne, born ? in Quebec, Canada.
11/5/1680, Ignace married Barbe Dodier, d/o Jacques Dodier & Catherine Caron.
11/6/1689 in L’Ange Gardien, Ignace married Louise, d/o 3656. Pierre Tremblay & 3657. Ozanne “Anne” Achon.
7/20/1702, Ignace, age 46, died in Hotel Dieu du Quebec.
ix. Joachim Gagne, born ? in Quebec, Canada.
1/12/1682 in Beauport, Joachim married 1793. Therese Louise Marcoux.
2/7/1688, Joachim died. [3 children – see Therese.]
- ► 2020 (1361)
- ► 2012 (26)
- ► 2011 (488)
- Lord Henry Fitz Hugh & Elizabeth Grey
- Sir William Bowet & Joan de Ufford
- Baron Thomas Dacre & Philippe Neville
- Sir John Holand & Margaret ?
- Sir William de Fenys & Elizabeth Batisford
- Lord Thomas Bardolf & Avice de Cromwell
- Lord William Phelip & Julian Erpingham
- Vincent Gaulin & Marie Bonnemer
- Antoine Crete & Jeanne LeGrand
- Henri Pinguet & Louise Lousche
- Jean Emard & Marie Bineau
- Antoine Destroismaisons & Jeanne Larcherer
- Eustache Robin & Madeleine Avrard
- Jacques Guyon & Marie Huet
- Loup Mercier & Jeanne Gaillard
- M: 10004
- M: 9992
- M: 9824
- Mathurin Landry & Damiane Desavis
- Rene Boileau & Joachine Serrant
- Louis Gagne & Marie Launay
- Claude Poulin & Jeanne Mercier
- Jacques Blais & Louise Penigaud
- Pierre St-Denis & Vivienne Bunel
- Honore Rousseau & Marie Boillerot
- Gilles Fournier & Noelle Gagnon
- Pierre Bilodeau & Jeanne Fleury
- Fiacre Fiebvre & Jacquette DuSol
- Sebastien Allaire & Perrine Fleurisson
- Jean Creste & Marguerite Gaulin
- Pierre Delaunay & Francoise Pinguet
- Louis Brochu & Renee Micheau
- Jacques Asselin & Cecile Olivier
- Antoine Caffier & Marie Caron
- Francois Lebrant & Madeleine Dubois Leroy
- Pierre Zacharie Cloutier & Marie Madeleine Emard
- Adrien Destroismaisons & Antoinette Leroux
- Julien Fortin & Marie Lavie
- Gervais le Normand & Leonarde Joinault
- Pierre Gareman dit LePicard & Madeleine Charlot
- Lord William de Wylughby & Lucy le Strange
- Lord John de Beaumont & Katherine de Everyngham
- Sir Robert de Grey of Rotherfield & Joan Bellew
- Lord William Deyncourt & Alice de Nevill
- Sir Richard Sergeaux & Philippe de Arundel
- Claude Grenier & Marie Catherine Huot
- Robert Drouin & Marie Dubois
- Jean Cauchon & Marguerite Cointerel
- Francois Pelletier & Simone Pichereau
- Mery Paquet & Vincente Beaumont
- Pierre Paradis & Marie Barbe Guyon dit Dion
- Jean Achon & Helene Renaud Regourde
- Philibert Tremblay & Jeanne Coignet
- Robert Caron & Marie Crevet
- Jacques Lehoux & Marie Meilleur
- Abraham Martin & Marguerite Langlois
- Rene Racine & Marie Loiselle
- Jean Giguere & Madeleine Madeleine Journel
- Pierre Roussin & Jeanne Nyuelle
- Jean Guyon & Marie Mathurine Robin
- Francois Belanger & Francoise Horlays
- Claude Morin & Jeanne Moreau
- Denis Cloutier & Renee Briere
- Jean Blanchard & Radegonde Lambert
- Philippe Muis d’Entremont & Madeleine Elie
- Pierre Laverdure & Priscilla Melanson
- Guillaume Trahan & Francoise Charbonneau
- Jehan Gaudet & Marie Daussy
- Jean Theriault & Perrine Rau
- Andre Bernard & Marie Andree Guyon
- Jacques Badeau & Anne Ardouin
- Francois Baugis & Denise Mercier
- Charles Lavallee & Jehanne Elie
- Noel Langlois & Francoise Grenier
- Earl Aubrey de Vere & Countess Alice Fitz Walter
- Lord John Lovel & Eleanor la Zouche
- Sir John de Dinham & Muriel de Courtenay
- Vincent Vachon & Sapience Rabeau
- Paul de Rainville & Roline Poete
- Louis Delaunay & Margaret Cazalede
- Jacques Maillou & Jeanne Suzanne Arnaud
- M: 5002
- M: 4996 Wood-Carter
- M: 4994
- M: 4992
- M: 4922
- M: 4914
- M: 4912
- Lord William Carminow & Margaret Kelly
- Baron Thomas Carew & Elizabeth Bonville
- M: 4088
- Antoine Brassard & Francoise Mery
- Jean Isabelle & Marie Adam
- Antoine Baucher & Marguerite Guilbert
- Guillaume Landry & Gabrielle Barre
- Antoine Carbonneau & Marguerite Petit
- Simon Chamberlan & Marie Boileau
- Louis Gagne & Marie Michel
- Julien Mercier & Marie Poulin
- Jean Leclerc & Perrette Bunel
- ▼ August (214)