3802830. Richard Walton & 3802831. Margery Sutton
Search Amazon.com for Manors of Suffolk
~1360, Margery born in England, heir & d/o §Sir John de Sutton & Alice de Reyden.
1393, Margery’s father died; succeeded by her uncle Sir Richard de Sutton, age 60.
Margery heiress to her uncle Richard.
5/12/1406, Wheras John Walton of Wyvenho and Richard Walton of Wyveno lately acquired 4 messuages … in Berghole, held of the king in chief as in socage, from John Boys in fee … (S) CPRs.
(S) The Manors of Suffolk, V6, 1910.
• John de Sutton, born ~1325, s/o §William de Sutton, married Margery de Whelneitham d/o Sir John de Whelneitham.
• 1349, John de Sutton and Margaret his wife, levied a fine against Amflesia, daughter of Thomas Baldewyne, and Walter de Barkworth and Katherine his wife of a moiety of the manor of Adehall.
• 1360, John de Sutton and Margaret his wife, levied a fine of a fourth part of the manor against William de Waldingfield and Amflesia his wife, John Wolf and Joan his wife, and Katherine who was wife of Walter de Barkworth.
• 1365 Sir John de Sutton gave 10 marks for licence to acquire certain lands in East Bergholt.
• Sir John de Sutton died.
• 1377, John, s/o John, member of parliament for Suffolk, married Alice, heir & d/o Sir John de Reyden of Overbury Hall in Layham, [widow of Sir Andrew de Bures.] John married 2nd d/o Sir Michael de Poynings.
• 1384, Margery died; her son John the heir.
• 6/5/1385, Grant, … of John Hende to John de Sutton and Richard de Sutton, knights, … manor of Bradwell by Coggeshale, co. Essex … (S) CPRs.
Child of John and Margery:
i. Joan Walton (1901415), born ~1390 in England.