Saturday, June 14, 2014
Bond 65648 Coode-Fulford
~1430, Walter born in Cornwall, England, heir & s/o §Richard Coode & 131297. Alice Durnford.
11/6/1429, Henry VI succeeded Henry V as King of England.
~1430, Elizabeth born in Cornwall, England, d/o §Sir Humphrey Fulford.
3/1450, Inquisition taken before John Arundell, … by virture of the attached commission to them and to William Bonevile of Chewton Mendip, knight, … to enquire concerning the capture of a certain galler. Tauro, Corn. 11/26/1449, John Cornowe, … and many other evildoers … took the ship [a barge called Le Markerell, owned by Henry, duke of Exeter] … good and merchandise worth 10,000 marks to the port of Fowey … carried off the cargo and divided it as follows: To … As soon as it came to their knowledge, Hugh Courtenay, John Trevylyan and Nicholas Carynowe delivered as the said goods and merchandise to Thomas Bodulgate, one of the commissioners … As rewards: … Walter Code, by the mariners, 33 yards of woollen cloth musterdevillers and a whole piece of say … not receivers, abettors, … of those who took the galley … (S) Cal. of Inq.’s, Knighton, 1897, P133.
1456, Walter Coode presented to St. Mary Tavy.
5/14/1461, Commission to Thomas Clemens, Thomas Trefry, Walter Code, … and the sheriff of Cornwall, to cause restitution … (S) CPRs.
6/28/1461, Edward IV succeeded Henry VI as King of England. [1st Yorkist King, after King Henry VI captured at the Battle of Northampton.]
10/3/1470, Henry VI restored to the crown of England.
3/1/1471, Walter died.
(S) Visitations of the County of Cornwall, 1887, Vivian, P94.
131297. Alice Durnford, d/o 262594. John Durnford & 262595. Joan Cokeyne.
§Richard Coode, presented to Gidley in 1420, s/o Richard Coode, M.P. for Liskeard in 1354.
1362-63, Grant by Joan, late the wife of Robert de Treyer the elder, widow, to Henry Frund, vicar of the church of Liskyrd, … in the town and manor of Liskyrd, with the rents and services of all her free tenants there; with remainder to Robert son of Robert Crochard the elder, of Treyer, and his heirs by his wife Thomasia, daughter of Richard Code, …: [Cornw.] UKNA, E 210/1004.
1375-76, Henry Frund, Vicar of Liskear, and Thomas Bosky Wying, chaplain to Richard Code and Joan his wife: Quitclaim of messuages and land in Liskeard (Cornw.) (S) UKNA, E 210/6597.
Children of Walter and Elizabeth:i. Richard Coode (32824), born 1451 in Morval, Cornwall, England.
- Bond 4194504 Gorges-Wyke
- Bond 4194496 Grenvile-Beaumont
- Bond 2097254 William Hankeford
- Bond 2097252 Gorges-Beauchamp
- Bond 2097248 Grenville-Courtenay
- Bond 1048626 Gorges-Hankeford
- Bond 1048624 Grenville-Bonvile
- Bond 524312 Grenville-Gorges
- Bond 262594 Durnford-Cokeyne
- Bond 262156 Grenville-Gilbert
- Bond 262144 Bond-Kendall
- Bond 131310 Thomas Coke
- Bond 131308 Stephen Tregasowe
- Bond 131300 John Glyn
- Bond 131282 Bonville-Grey
- Bond 131272 John Berdefeld
- Bond 131080 Fountaine-Hutchin
- Bond 131078 Grenville-Whitleigh
- Bond 131072 Bonde-Gybbs
- Bond 65654 Tregassan-Coke
- Bond 65652 Coriton-Reney
- Bond 65650 Glyn-Fulford
- Bond 32826 Coryton-Tregassen
- Bond 65648 Coode-Fulford
- Bond 65640 Courtenay-Bonville
- Bond 65636 John Bardfield
- Bond 65548 Richard Vyvyan
- Bond 65540 Fountaine-Sture
- Bond 65538 Fitz-Grenville
- Bond 65536 Bonde-Coriton
- Bond 32822 Tretherff-Trevisa
- Bond 32820 Courtney-Wotton
- Bond 32818 Thomas Bardfield
- Bond 32824 Coode-Glyn
- ▼ June (34)
- ► 2013 (212)
- ► 2012 (418)
- ► 2011 (538)
- ► 2010 (1664)