Sunday, June 15, 2014
Bond 65652 Coriton-Reney
~1465, Richard born in West Newton, Cornwall, England, s/o §John Coryton & Katherine Stafford.
~1475, Elizabeth born in Egglesford, Devon, England, d/o §John Reyney.
7/6/1483, Richard III succeeded Edward IV as King of England. [Usurping never-crowned 12-year-old Edward V.]
10/30/1485, Henry VII succeeded Richard III as King of England, becoming the first monarch of the House of Tudor.
7/5/1490, Grant by Richard Coryton, to Elizabeth, late the wife of Ralph Bray, of the 'halvyndele' of all the tinworks in the 'Fusparke' in the parish of Syn Clere, 'as thay ben bondid & markid,' formerly belonging to the said Ralph, the administration of whose goods has been bought by the grantor; … : [ Cornw. ] (S) UKNA, E 210/796.
1504-15, Plaintiffs: Nicholas Asshton. Defendants: Richard Coryton and Elizabeth, his wife. Subject: Detention of deeds relating to the manor of Callington. Cornwall. (S) UKNA, C 1/276/27.
1504-15, Plaintiffs: William, son and heir of Nicholas Assheton. Defendants: Richard Coryton. Subject: Detention of deeds relating to the manor of Callington and to other lands there. Cornwall. (S) UKNA, C 1/277/67.
6/24/1509, Henry VIII succeeded Henry VII as King of England.
1509-23, Plaintiff: Hugh Boscawen and William Hickes. Defendant: Richard Coryton, … Place Or Subject: Forcible entry and seizure of cattle at Tregyrrick Crabbe, driving away cattle, &c. County: Cornwall. (S) UKNA, STAC 2/5.
1515-18, Plaintiffs: Richard Coryton, gentleman, son of John Coryton. Defendants: Henry ..., priest, and John Harold, of South Molton, feoffees to uses. Subject: Refusal to convey land late of the said John Coryton, and detention of deeds. Cornwall. (S) UKNA, C 1/393/3.
1518-23, Plaintiffs: Richard Coryton, esquire. Defendants: John Benalva. Subject: Detention of deeds relating to a messuage and land in Treskelly. Cornwall. (S) UKNA, C 1/486/58.
1518-23, Plaintiffs: Richard Coryton, son of John Coryton of Liskeard, gentleman. Defendants: Harry Tracy, parson of Trent, … Subject: The manors of Trencreuke and West Newton, and lands, rents, and services there and in Yollond, Lamelyn, Hellond, Roselond, and Penfrayne. Cornwall, Devon. (S) UKNA, C 1/493/11.
6/3/1523, Richard died; Elizabeth suriving.
(S) Visitations of the County of Cornwall, 1887, Vivian, P95, P101.
· Isolda, daughter and heiress of John de Ferrers, carried West Newton Ferrers in 1314 by her marriage to Jeffery Coryton of Coryton (Lifton Hundred) in Devon. Jeffery's great grandson Edward Coryton, married Joan Bodulgate c. 1435 and thereby the family acquired the manor of Bodulgate in Boconnoc and eventually (CY/1058) the manor of Hammett, Dannett and Trecorne in Quethiock and St. Ive parishes. (S) Cornwall Record Office, CY/1555. §John Coryton, s/o Edward Coryton & Joan Bodulgate; d/o Stephen Bodelgate of Tremerake, Cornwall.
Children of Richard and Elizabeth:
i. Peter Coryton (32826), born 1493 in Coryton, Cornwall, England.
ii. Richard Coryton, born ~1495 in Coryton, Cornwall, England.Richard lived in Devon.
- Bond 4194504 Gorges-Wyke
- Bond 4194496 Grenvile-Beaumont
- Bond 2097254 William Hankeford
- Bond 2097252 Gorges-Beauchamp
- Bond 2097248 Grenville-Courtenay
- Bond 1048626 Gorges-Hankeford
- Bond 1048624 Grenville-Bonvile
- Bond 524312 Grenville-Gorges
- Bond 262594 Durnford-Cokeyne
- Bond 262156 Grenville-Gilbert
- Bond 262144 Bond-Kendall
- Bond 131310 Thomas Coke
- Bond 131308 Stephen Tregasowe
- Bond 131300 John Glyn
- Bond 131282 Bonville-Grey
- Bond 131272 John Berdefeld
- Bond 131080 Fountaine-Hutchin
- Bond 131078 Grenville-Whitleigh
- Bond 131072 Bonde-Gybbs
- Bond 65654 Tregassan-Coke
- Bond 65652 Coriton-Reney
- Bond 65650 Glyn-Fulford
- Bond 32826 Coryton-Tregassen
- Bond 65648 Coode-Fulford
- Bond 65640 Courtenay-Bonville
- Bond 65636 John Bardfield
- Bond 65548 Richard Vyvyan
- Bond 65540 Fountaine-Sture
- Bond 65538 Fitz-Grenville
- Bond 65536 Bonde-Coriton
- Bond 32822 Tretherff-Trevisa
- Bond 32820 Courtney-Wotton
- Bond 32818 Thomas Bardfield
- Bond 32824 Coode-Glyn
- ▼ June (34)
- ► 2013 (212)
- ► 2012 (418)
- ► 2011 (538)
- ► 2010 (1664)