~1180, Richard de Lathum born in England, s/o §§Lord Robert de Lathom.
By 1199, Richard’s father died.
1201, Richard de Lathom, s/o Robert de Lathom, had livery of his father’s lands.
1211-12, Richard, son of Robert de Lathom, held land of Robert de Grelle, baron of Manchester. (S) Mamecestre, V1, 1861, P73.
10/28/1216, Henry III, age 9, crowned king of England.
1220, Richard died.
(S) Transactions of the Historic Society of Lancashire and Cheshire, 1890, P130. (S) A History of the County of Lancaster: V3, 1907.
· §§Robert de Lathom, s/o §§Henry de Lathom, s/o Siward fitz Dunning.
· 9/1169, Robert de Lathom rendered 10 marks to the aid of the king’s daughter.
· 1189, Robert de Lathom founded the priory of Burscough.
· 1194, Robert de Lathom took part in the rebellion of John, count of Mortain [later King John.]
· By 1199, Robert de Lathom died.
Child of Richard and ?:
i. Richard de Lathom, born ~1205 in England.
1/27/1221, Richard de Lathom took livery of his father’s lands, paying 100s for relief.
Bef. 10/27/1232, Richard de Lathom, married to Roesia, died leaving his brother Robert as his heir. (S) Record Society, V39, 1899, P76. [Roeys, who was the wife of Richard de Lathom to obtain recognition of her dower.]
ii. Robert de Lathom (47279392), born ~1210 in England.