~1185, Robert born in Yorkshire, England, s/o §§Roger de Lascelles & Beatrice ?.
1201-08, Grant by Conan, son of Elias … Witnesses: Roald, constable of Richmond; Brien son of Alan; Roger de Lascelles; Robert de Lascelles his son; … [Yorkshire] (S) UKNA.
By 1208, Robert’s father died.
1208, Robert de Lascelles lord of Lartington. (S) Hist. of York North Riding, V1, 1914, Romaldkirk.
1208, Geoffrey Maucovenant and Beatrice his wife, and Walter Chamber and Hawise his wife, for themselves and the heirs of Beatrice and Hawise, granted tenements in Easington to Robert de Lascelles and Emma his wife and her heirs. (S) Hist. of York North Riding, V2, 1923, Easington.
6/19/1215 at Runnymede near Windsor, King John forced to agree to the terms of the Magna Carta.
10/19/1216, Henry III, age 9, succeeded John as King of England.
1217, Robert de Lascelles living.
1218, Robert died.
5/8/1218, Lincolnshire. The lands of Robert de Lacelles in Fulstow and Aylesby have been delivered to Simon Trussebut to keep and make answer for. (S) FRsHIII.
(S) Cartularium Prioratus de Gyseburne, 1894. (S) Early Yorkshire Charters, V5, Pt2, 2013: P1, P184. (S) Hist. of York North Riding, V1, 1914, Kirkby Wiske. (S) Early Yorkshire Families, Clay, 2013, P51.
· §§Picot de Lascelles [fl.1115-18, d.bef.1130], tenant of Yorkshire & Fulstow, Lincolnshire. His son Roger.
· ~1116, Charter of Osbern de Arches to the abbey of St. Mary, York. Witnesses … [officials of count Stephen] Roger son of Pigot [de Lascelles] …
· §§Roger de Lascelles [fl.1130, d.bef.1146], holding 5 knights’ fees in 1130. His son Picot.
· 1145-61, 6 [of 8] carucates at Escrick granted by St. Mary's abbey to Picot de Lascelles. (S) Hist. of York East Riding, V3, 1976, Escrick.
· §§Picot de Lascelles [fl.1161, d.bef.9/1179] & Theophania, [d/o Roald fitz Harscoit, bef. 1166, Constable of Richmond]. His son Roger.
· 9/1179, §§Roger de Lascelles under age [d.1217-08].
· 1197-1219, 2 [of 8 total] carucates at Escrick granted by St. Mary's abbey to Roger de Lascelles. (S) Hist. of York East Riding, V3, 1976, Escrick. [See 1145-61.]
Child of Robert and Emma:
i. Roger de Lascelles, born ? in England.
Bef. 1253, Roger died; his sister Avice his heir.
ii. Avice de Lascelles (23641413), born ~1210 in England.
1253, Maude, widow of Picot de Lascelles, v. … The Abbat of Jervall vouched to warranty Avice de Lascelles on account of charters of Picot de Lascelles (d.~1252), uncle of Avice, whose heir she is. Avice comes and says she ought not to warrant them because her right is derived from a fine made between Picot and Roger, her brother, who’s heir she is. [Avice by fine becoming the direct heir of her paternal grandfather Roger de Lascelles.] (S) Yorkshire Arch. Soc., V17, 1895, P93.