XXX154. William Jordan & XXX155. Silvia Godwin [NC]
~1735, William born [likely of William or Thomas of Bertie Co., NC]
~1746 Silvia born in Bertie Co., NC; d/o 310. William Godwin & 311. Martha Kearney.
5/4/1752, Silvia left items in her father’s will: “I give to my daughter Silvia Godwin two Cows & Calves, one feather Bed and furniture, two breading Sows and eight year old hogg, one one Pewter Dish, one Pewter Bason, three Pewter Plates, one Iron Pott.”
11/26/1757, William Jordan 100 acres in Craven County On the South Side of Great Contentney Creek, joining an Old Corner Tree of Roger Macons, the Marsh, the Creek Pocoson, ….
3/10/1758, Edward Fitzpatrick 10 March 1758 350 acres in Craven County on the S. side of Great Contentney creek being the place called the little fort, joining William Jordan.
7/1769, William in land deed “on Great Contentney Creek” in Craven Co. (S) Craven Co., B-17, P91. [The same location as his son-in-law Brittain King.]
~1770, William married Silvia.
Tax, Capt. Charles Roach & Capt. Allen’s Company: William Jordan, Britain
(S) 1790 Census, NC, Craven Co. William lives close to his married daughter Sylvia. Benjamin and Mathew may be living with their father.
3/8/1792, William wrote his will. (S) Craven Co., NC Wills. (S) See Family notes.
Bef. 9/1792 William died in Craven Co., NC. (S) Will was “proved in open court” by witness Joel Patrick Jr.
• William’s will: “In the Name of God Amen. I William Jordan of Craven County and State of North Carolina planter, being very weak in Body but of perfect mind and memory do constitute and appoint this to be my last Will and Testatment in manner and form following Viz. First and principally of all I give and Recommend my Soul in the hands of Almighty God that gave it me, and my Body to the Grave to be Decently Buried in a Christian like manner at the Discretion of my Executor hereafter mentioned. Item, I lend unto my Well Beloved Wife Silvah Jordan my plantation where on I now live likewise all my stock of Horses, Cattle, Sheepand Hogs, and also every Utensil and Household Furniture, to use and Occupy for the use of her and her children During her natural life. Item, I give and Devise unto James Coward my son in law Ten Shillings Currency to him and his heirs forever. Item, I give and Devise unto Brittain King Ten Shillings Currency to him and his heirs forever. Item, I give and Devise unto William Peters Ten Shillings Currency to him and his heirs forever. Item, I give and Devise unto Radford Browing Ten Shillings Currency to him and his heirs forever. Item, I give and Devise unto my son Benjamin Jordan, fifteen pounds, and one bed and furniture I known by the Name of his own, after the Death of his mother, to him and his heirs forever, to be raised out of my stock and furniture. Item, I give and Devise unto my son Mathew Jordan, after the Decease of his mother, my plantation where on I now live and one feather Bed and Furniture, the bed on which I lie to him and his heirs forever. It is also my will and pleasure, that if any thing is Remaining after the former gifts and legacies be distribeted, that it be equally Divided among all my children that are then surviving, and also unto my grad Daughter Hallon Browning. And I also appoint Britain King and Capt. Thos. Phillips my sole Executors of this my last Will and Testament, utterly disannulling all former Wills, gifts, grants, Mortgages, Jointures and Dowres, whatsoever. In Witness where of I the Said William Jordan hath him unto set my hand and seal this 8th March, and in the year of Our Lord One Thousand Seven Hundred and Ninety two.” /x/ William Jordan. (S) NC State Archives, Raleigh, 024, 082.801.
• 8/6/1753, William Jordan of NC sold 100 acres to Henry Gill in VA. [Possibly the father of this William.]
Children of William and Silvia:
i. Laney Jordan, born ~1770.
~1788, Laney married William Peters, born 1766. (S) Her father’s will.
By 1817, the family had moved to Putnam Co., GA.
Nathaniel Peters, born 1789 in NC.
(S) 1820 Census, GA, Putnam Co., Capt. Martin Stamper’s Dist. It appears that his parents live with him.
1835, he died in Columbus, GA.
Sidney Peters, born 1794 in NC.
7/23/1812 in Putnam Co., GA, she married John Irvin.
6/22/1879, she died in Tallapoosa Co., AL.
Jordan Peters, born 1795 in NC.
1889, he died in Montgomery, AL.
Laney Peters, born 1799 in NC.
Aft 1890 she died in Newton, MS.
Mathew Peters, born 1801 in NC.
He married Huldie Pitts.
He married Nancy Oliver Hull.
10/18/1853 he died; buried in Macedonia Prim. Bapt. Church near LaFayette, AL.
ii. Unk Jordan, born ~1772.
Bef. 3/8/1792 she married James Coward116iv. (S) Her father’s will.
[In 1795 James’ property bordered her sister Sylvia’s husband’s property].
[For additional information see James.]
iii. Sylvia Jordan, born 1774.
married Brittain King Jr., s/o Brittain King & Silah.
iii. Benjamin Jordan, born 1777 in NC.
1792, Benjamin named in his father’s will.
Benjamin married Elizabeth ?, born 1787 in VA.
1812, Benjamin lived in Jasper Co., GA.
(S) 1830 Census, GA, Jasper Co. Benjamin: 01002001,0001001.
(S) 1840 Census, GA, Jasper Co. Benjamin: 60-70, 2 m’s 5-10, 1 f 10-15, wife 50-60.
10/9/1850, (S) 1850 Census, GA, Jasper Co. Benjamin’s property is valued at $4400. They have 3 “Alexander” male sibilings [likely grandchildren] living with them.
iv. Unk Jordan, born ~1780.
Bef. 3/8/1792, she married Radford Browning. (S) Her father’s will.
1805, Radford won in the GA land lottery.
Hallon Browning, born ?. (S) Grandfather’s will.
iv. Matthew Jordan, born ~1782.
1792, Matthew named in his father’s will.
(S) 1800 Census, NC, Craven Co.
1812, War of 1812, Mathew in 1st Regt., 5th Co., NC Militia.
- ► 2020 (1361)
- ► 2012 (26)
- ► 2011 (488)
- ► 2010 (1620)
- Bell 124 Doak-Stewart
- Bond 304 King-Clark
- Jacques Lamy Jr & Marie Helene Moreau
- Bell 122 Alexander
- Bond 266 Fabin
- Cox 104 Scarbrough-Stinson
- Bell 120 Clark-Crocker
- Bond 264 Batson-Hanby
- Cox 96 Grelot-Nicaise
- Bell 118 Cannon
- Bond 258 Wallis-Shaw
- Cox 92 Fournier-Karcaux
- Bell 116 Potts-Lamb
- John Bond - the Immigrant & Elizabeth Pritchett
- Nicholas Carcaux II & Catherine Christian Ladner
- Bell 114 Bullock-Phillips
- Bond 234 Barfield
- Joseph Bouzage & Louise Catherine Baudreau
- Bell 112 Stem-Haskins
- Bond 232 Cowart-Roberts
- Nicholas Ladner dit Christian & Marie Ann Paquet
- Bell 96 Dollahide
- Bond 208 Dickey
- Denis Morin & Marie Madeleine Boulay
- Bell 90 Kimbrough-Turner
- Bond 158 Hardee-Tyson
- Nicholas Pierre Carco & Anne Theresa Assailly & Ma...
- Bell 88 Kidd-Anthony
- 154 Jordan-Godwin
- Cox 80 Christian-Picard
- Bell 84 Thomas-Hanna
- Bond 154 Jordan-Godwin
- Philip Anthony Bessellieu & Susannah Maçon
- Bell 82 Powell
- Bond 152 King-Cooke
- Cox 74 Ripley
- 80 Loftis-Goodlet
- Bond 134 Davis
- Lt. John Frazer & Martha Milligan
- Bell 70 Scott
- Bond 132 Batson-Fabin
- Cox 68 Bowers
- Bell 66 Montgomery
- Bond 128 Bond-Wallis
- Cox 66 Madison-Taliaferro
- Bell 64 Bell-Brown
- Bond 120 O'Neal
- Cox 64 Cox-Hix
- Bell 62 Doak-Wilson
- Bond 116 Cowart-Barfield
- Cox 62 Davidson-Peters
- Bell 60 Clark-Alexander
- Bond 104 Dickey
- Eugene Bosage & Rose Galixta Ladner
- 58 Potts-Cannon
- Bond 78 Smith-Hardee
- Jean Baptiste Lamy Sr & Isabel Baudin
- Bell 56 Stem-Bullock
- Bond 76 King-Jordan
- Cox 54 Scarboro-Edwards
- Bell 54 Smith
- Bond 70 Wells-Wails
- Cox 52 Carter
- Bell 52 Smith
- Bond 66 Batson-Davis
- Bartholomey Grelot II & Marie Margaret Bosarge
- Bell 50 Smith
- John Bond Sr - Great Migration
- Andre Fournier & Catherine Louise Bozage
- Bell 48 Dollahide-Johnson
- Bond 60 O'Neal-Benton
- Jean Baptiste Bosarge Sr & Marie Carcaux
- Bell 46 Ward
- Bond 58 Coward
- Joseph A Morin & Marie Louisa Christian Ladner
- Bell 44 Kidd-Kimbrough
- Bond 56 Cochran
- Jacques Ladner dit Mathurin & Maria Juana Karcaux
- ▼ December (78)