128. William Cox & 129. Sarah Cocke [VA]
1688 William born in VA; s/o 256. John Cox Jr and 257. Mary Baugh.
2/1/1692, William mentioned in land gift to his parents. (S) No. 256 Family notes.
~1696, Sarah born in Henrico Co., VA; d/o 258. William Cocke and 259. Sarah Perrin.
5/18/1710, William named in his father’s will. (S) No. 256 Family notes.
12/7/1710, “daughter Mary Cox” named in the will of her mother Jane515 along with her grandson William Cox. William and his mother are left “all my outlands”.
1713, William named the executor of his brother James’ will. (S) See No. 256ii.
5/11/1717, “Sarah Cox” left all of the sheep in her father’s will.
~1740 William died. (S) No. 258 Family notes.
Sarah married Thomas Jordan in Henrico Co., VA. Thomas was an adjacent neighbor of her son John. (S) See 1754 lawsuit.
5/1754, Sarah named as daughter of William Cocke and wife of Thomas Jordan in the court case of Jordan vs. Cox. (S) No. 258 Family notes.
~1750 Sarah died in Henrico Co., VA. (S) No. 258 Family notes.
Children of William and Sarah:
i. John Cox ( 64), born 1710.
Children of Thomas and Sarah:
i. Thomas Jordan II.
ii. Elizabeth Jordan.
iii. Martha Jordan.
iv. William Jordan.
130. Nathaniel Hix & 131. Rebecca ? [VA]
~1678, Nathaniel born in Henrico Co., VA; s/o 260. John Hix & 131. Sarah ???Preston.
~1700 Nathaniel married Rebecca.
11/26/1728 Nathaniel wrote his will. (S) See Family notes.
Bef. 5/20/1735 Nathaniel died.
5/20/1735 Nathaniel’s will proved at court in Goochland Co., VA.
1762 Rebecca died in Goochland Co., VA.
• They lived at Tuckahoe Creek in Goochland Co., VA.
• Will of Nathaniel Hix: “In the name of God amen. I Nathaniel Hix of Goochland Co. and of St. James Parish being sick and weak but of perfect sense and memory thanks be given unto Almighty God for the same and calling into mind the we must yield unto death whenever it shall please God to call and constitute and appoint this my last will and testament. I give and bequeath my Soul unto Almighty God my Savior and Redeemer to have forgiveness of all my sins and commit my body to the Earth to be .. in such descent and Christian manner as my executors shall think it and as for my estate I will and bequeath as I give and bequeath all my land unto my oldest son Archibald Hix after his mother is deceased. I give five shillings current money to every one of my children, Elce, Ann, Amos, Sarah, Stephen & Edith. I give and bequeath the unto my well beloved wife Rebecca Hix all the remaining parts of my estate in general to her disposal. I constitute and appoint my well beloved wife Rebecca Hix my … sole executrix of this my last will and testament. In witness whereof I have set my hand and seal this 26 day of November 1728.” (S) Goochland Co., B2, P89.
Children of Nathaniel and Rebecca:
i. Elce Hix ( 65), born ?.
ii. Archibald Hix, born ?.
Archibald married Elizabeth Scott.
11/26/1728, named in Nathaniel’s will.
1735 Archibald inherited his father’s estate.
1796 Archibald died in Powhatan Co., VA.
iii. Ann Hix, born ?.
11/26/1728, Ann named in Nathaniel’s will.
Ann married Richard Ligon.
Ann married Samuel Bugg.
iv. Amos Hix, born 1710 in Henrico Co., VA.
11/26/1728, Amos named in Nathaniel’s will.
1740, Amos named to survey Parish precinct lines. (S) The Vestry Book Of Henrico Parish, Virginia, 1874, P57.
8/3/1756 Amos purchased 1430 acres near Samuel Bugg in Lunenburg Co., VA.
12/13/1756 Amos witnessed the will of Samuel Bugg Sr.
Aft. 1756 in Lunenburg Co. Amos married Mary Frances Bugg.
1/16/1758 Amos bought land in Lunenburg Co., VA.
1782 Amos made a claim in Mecklenburg Co., VA for supplies given to the Revolutionary Army.
1785 Amos wrote his will. (S) Mecklenburg Co., VA, WB2, P247.
1786 Amos died in Mecklenburg Co., VA.
Daniel Hix, born 10/8/1761 in VA.
4/12/1784 in Mecklenburg Co., VA he married his 1st cousin Susannah Jeffries.
1/13/1822 he died in Clark Co., GA.
Sherwood Hix, born ~1762 in VA.
1/18/1782 he married Sarah Ann Gordon in Mecklenburg Co., VA.
1814 he died in Henderson Co., KY.
Martha Hix, born ~1763 in VA.
She married Dabney Phillips.
John Hix, born ~1764 in VA.
Elizabeth Hix, born ? in VA.
She married James Hester.
James Hix, born ? in VA.
Mary Hix, born ? in VA.
~1785 she married William W Johnson.
Nathaniel Hix, born in VA.
He married Ruth Bugg, d/o Samuel Bugg and Sarah Bacon.
v. Sarah Hix, born ?.
11/26/1728, named in Nathaniel’s will.
Sarah married Swepson Jeffries, s/o John Jeffries and Ann Swepson.
Bef. 1788 died in Mecklenburg Co., VA.
Children: (multiple of them died around 1848, probably due to a cholera epidemic).
Susannah Jeffries, born ~1765 in VA.
4/12/1784 in Mecklenburg Co., VA she married her 1st cousin Daniel Hix. Divorced?
11/5/1806 she married Miles T Crowder in Mecklenburg Co., VA.
Elizabeth Jeffries, born ~1768 in Mecklenburg Co., VA.
8/4/1785 in Mecklenburg Co., VA she married Thomas Burnett.
Swepson Jeffries, born ~1770 in Mecklenburg Co., VA.
3/6/1788 he married Elizabeth Coleman in Mecklenburg Co., VA.
Sarah Jeffries, born ~1772 in Mecklenburg Co., VA.
12/13/1792 in Mecklenburg Co., VA she married Edmund Bugg.
Martha Jeffries, born ~1775 in Mecklenburg Co., VA.
Jane Jeffries, born ~1777 in Mecklenburg Co., VA.
5/11/1797 in Mecklenburg Co., VA she married Brockett Barnes.
Lucy Jeffries, born ~1780 in Mecklenburg Co., VA.
11/22/1800 in Mecklenburg Co., VA she married John Brown.
Achilles Jeffries, born 9/3/1783 in Mecklenburg Co., VA.
3/27/1804 in Charlotte Co., VA he married Susannah Price Williamson.
John Jeffries, born ~1784 in Mecklenburg Co., VA.
9/8/1806 in Mecklenburg Co., VA he married Rebecca Richards.
vi. Stephen Hix, born ?.
11/26/1728, Stephen named in Nathaniel’s will.
Stephen married Agnes Hancock.
vii. Edith Hix, born ?.
11/26/1728, Edith named in Nathaniel’s will.
- ► 2020 (1361)
- ► 2012 (26)
- ► 2011 (488)
- Cox 218 Stinson
- Cox 216 Scarborough
- Jean Baptiste Nicaise dit Boncoeur & Marie Catheri...
- Cox 192 Grelot-Ferchaut
- Jean Baptise Baudrau Dit Graveline II & Marie Cath...
- Bell 244 Alexander-Hodgson
- Cox 176 Bouzage-Touche
- Bell 234 Lamb
- Bond 608 King-Cary
- Pierre Paquet Jr & Marie Magdeleine Pany Baudreau ...
- Bell 232 Potts
- Bond 532 Fabin-Mulls
- Jacques Boulay & Francoise Fournier
- Bell 230 Phillips
- Bond 530 Hanby-Daniels
- Pierre Morin dit Bouche & Francoise Chaisson dit L...
- Bell 228 Bullock-Webb
- Bond 528 Batson-Satchell
- Louis Assailly dit Tranchemontagne & Marie Therese...
- Bell 226 Haskins
- Bond 518 Shaw-Lacy
- Luis Christian Ladner & Marie Barbe Bounal
- Bell 224 Stem
- Bond 515 Pritchett
- Cox 156 Bessellieu-Chiche
- Bell 182 Turner-Kimbrough
- Bond 468 Barfield-Rutland
- Cox 152 Purdy
- Bell 180 Kimbrough-Turner
- Bond 466 Roberts-Edwards
- Cox 146 Milligan
- Bell 178 Anthony-Jones
- Bond 464 Coward-Griffin
- Cox 134 Taliaferro-French
- Bell 176 Kidd
- Bond 416 Dickey
- Cox 132 Madison-Minor
- Bell 170 Hanna-Black
- Bond 318 Tyson-Potts
- Cox 128 Cox-Cocke
- Bell 168 Thomas-Black
- Bond 316 Hardee-Dulverton
- Cox 124 Davidson-Charlton
- Bell 162 Goodlet
- Bond 310 Godwin-Kearney
- Joseph Ladner dit Nicholas & Rosalie Fayard
- 160 John Loftis
- Bond 306 Cooke
- Louis Francois Baudin & Marie Louise Lorendine
- ▼ January (49)