950536. Henry Tropnell & 950537. Edith Roche
~1370, Henry Tropenel born in Wiltshire, England, s/o §§John Tropenell & §§Agnes Lye.
~1380, Edith born in Wiltshire, England, d/o §§Walter Roche & §§Agnes Lyngever.
9/30/1399, Henry IV succeeded Richard II as King of England.
Henry Tropnel of Chalfield, Wiltshire.
(S) The Tropenell Cartulary, Tropenell, 1908. (S) Heraldry of Fish, Moule, 1842, P95.
· Henry de Percy [fl. 1242] had:
· Sir William Percy [fl. 1260s] & Agnes (d/o Sir John Strugge, knt, Lord of half Wescodeford, Wists.) had:
· Katherine Percy, who married Walter Tropenell (s/o Sir Osbert Tropenell, knt) who had:
· Philip Tropenell, who married Isabel (d/o Richard Cotell [fl.1307], Lord of Cotell Atteward, Wilts.) who had:
· John Tropenell (2nd son) who married Agnes (d/o James Lye, Lord of Landford, Wilts.)
· Walter Roche, younger s/o John Roche of Bromham.
· Agnes Lyngever, d/o §§John Lyngever (fl.1348) & Avise ?.
Child of Harry and Edith:
i. Thomas Tropenell (475268), born 1402 in England.
1454, Thomas acquired the manor of Great Chalfield, after a legal challenge based on the marriage of his ancestor Walter Tropenell with Katharine, daughter of Sir William Percy.