1352, Thomas born in Wilts., England, s/o 3802112. Thomas atte Halle & 3802113. Edith ?.
~1365, Alice born in England, d/o 3802114. Thomas Atte Ford & 3802115. Edith ?.
1373, Thomas, of age, succeeded his father Thomas.
6/21/1377, Richard II, age 10, succeeded Edward III as King of England.
3/20/1378, Inspeximus and confirmation in favour of Thomas atte Halle the younger, grandson of Thomas atte Halle, one of the keepers of the late king’s great horses, of letter patent dated 22 February, 49 Edward III., being a grant to him, for life, of 100s. yearly at the Exchequer. (S) CPRs. [2/22/1375, Thomas’ grandfather gave up his grant in favor of his grandson; originally granted 4/30/1367 “for long service”.]
1379, Yorkshire Subsidy roll (poll tax), Strafforth wapentake, Hatfield parish: Hatfiled. Thomas atte Hall’ & Alicia uxor ejus. (S) Genuki, Hatfield.
1381, “Charter of Nicholas Slade … Witn., Thos. Atte Halle, … Dated at Bradford”. (S) Bradford-on-Avon, Jones, 1907, P244.
1384, Quin. of Trin. Thomas atte Halle of Bradford on Avon, pl.; ... def. One Messuage, 1 toft ... in Fonthill Bishops ... Cons. 100 marks. (S) Feet of Fines.
[––Thomas & Alice––]
~1385, Thomas married Alice.
9/30/1399, Henry IV succeeded Richard II as King of England.
6/16/1401, “Creditor: William Ash, and Thomas atte Hall. Amount: £30” (S) UKNA.
1409-10, “Thomas Byrt, knight, … Thomas atte Hall, clerk, … to grant the manor of Morton by Eagle to the prior of the Hospital of St. John of Jerusalem in England …” (S) UKNA.
3/20/1413, Henry V succeeded Henry IV as King of England.
2/24/1419, “Quitclaim … Thomas atte Hall … to Henry atte Bourne.” (S) UKNA
8/31/1422, Henry VI (an infant) succeeded Henry V as King of England.
2/28/1424, Nicholas Yerdeley of Stratford upon Avon, and ... [Thomas] Halle of the same. Nicholas is bound to Thomas in 20 marks payable at Michaelmas. (S) UKNA.
Bef. 1427, Thomas died at Bradford, co. Wilts., holding land in Bradford Leigh and South Wraxall of the Abbess of Shaftesbury.
1427, Alice died; she named as heir her son Thomas, age 30. (S) UKNA.
1428, "Alice, relict of Thomas Halle, who died 1427, was holding land in Bradford Leigh and South Wraxall of the Abbess of Shaftesbury."
(S) The Wiltshire Arch. And Nat. Hist. Mag, 1859, P362. (S) Hist. of Co. of Wiltshire, V7, 1953.
· Unknown date: Alice heir to her brother Peter Atte Ford. (S) The Manor of Alderton in Wiltshire, Pratt, 2013.
· 1343, A ‘Peter Atte Ford’ in London. (S) Cal. of Plea Rolls of the City of London.
· From deeds it is known that Thomas descended from Reginald de Aula.
· Thomas, the first-named in the ordinary pedigrees, was the great-grandson of Reginald, and married Alice, daughter and, by the death of her brother Peter, sole heir of Thomas Atte-Forde, (afterwards written Atford) from whom he obtained the property which is still called Ford Farm, and which evidently furnished a surname.
· Alice Atte Forde was heiress of Nicholas Langridge of Bradford through her mother. Edith was heir & d/o of Roger ? & Alice his wife; and Alice was daughter of Nicholas Langridge of Bradford. Roger was s/o Roger ? & Joan, his wife, d/o Thomas Lyttleton of Bradford, heir & s/o Peter Lyttleton.
Children of Thomas and Alice: [4 sons, 2 daughters]
i. Reginald Halle, born ~1386 in England.
1418, “Indenture at Marlborough … bet. Reginald Halle of Bradforde and Robert Longe …”.
1420, Reginald endowed a "chaplain to serve at the altar at St. Nicholas" in the Parish Church of Bradford.
Bef. 1427, Reginald died. (S) Brother Thomas named as heir to their mother.
ii. Thomas Halle (950528), born 1396 in Bradford, Wilts., England.