3672. Jean Gagnon & 3673. Marguerite Cochon
8/13/1610, Jean born in St-Aubin, Tourouvre, Normandie, France, s/o 7344. Pierre Gagnon & 7345. Renee Roger.
1620, Marguerite “Cauchon” born in St Jacques, Dieppe, Normandy, France; d/o 7346. Jean Cauchon & 7347. Marguerite Cointerel.
6/1635, Jean traveled from France to Canada with his family; some of 100 immigrants arriving at Tadoussac in a flotilla of ships.
1636-38, Marguerite traveled to Canada with her family.
1640, Jean received a concession in Chateau Richer from Jean Bourdon, 7 arpents frontage by 126 deep.
7/29/1640 in Beaupre, Jean married Marguerite; the first of the 3 brothers to get married. The names of his parents was given, including the fact that his father was deceased and his mother still living. Both origins given. Attending: Pierre Gardeur de Repentigny, Noel Jinchereau des Chastelets, Jean Bourdon.
1/25/1641 in Chateau Richer, Jean the godfather to Anges, d/o 3674. Robert Drouin & 3675. Marie Chapelier. [Jean’s son Jean would marry Robert’s daughter Marguerite.]
1640–1646, the Gagnon brothers owned a shop at Saint Charles of Cape Tourmente.
8/15/1641, Jean and Marguerite’s daughter Jeanne baptized “in the house of Beaupre.”
8/14/1651 Jean, with his brothers, purchase land and build a house at Place de la Basse-Ville.
3/26/1652 in Chateau Richer, Marguerite the godmother to Marguerite, d/o 3650. Etienne Racine & 3651. Marguerite Martin.
7/16/1652, Pierre Parent acquired 4 arpents next to Jean in Chateau Richer.
10/6/1658 Jean purchased a store with his brothers, 60 feet frontage by 24 feet deep on rue St-Pierre, in the lower town of Quebec city.
2/2/1660, Jean and brother Mathurin confirmed in Chateau-Richer. Multiple nephews and neices were also confirmed.
1666 census of Beaupre [Comte de Montmorency]: Jean 55, Marguerite 46, children: Jeanne 24, Jean 18, Germain 13, Raphael 10, Marie 5, and Etienne Mesny 22 [servant].
1667 census of Beaupre: Jean, Marguerite, children, and Noel Viart [servant]; 8 cattle, 30 arpents of cleared land.
10/9/1668, Jean and his brothers sold the store to Pierre Pellerin.
1670, Jean and Marguerite residents of Chateau Richer.
4/2/1670, Jean, age 60, buried in Chateau-Richer; priest Fillon performed the burial.
7/2/1673, Marguerite and her brother Jean, and half-brother Jacques, met at Jacques house to divide their father’s estate. The property was divided up equally, with Jacques being the inheritor of the family lands.
1681 census of Comte de Montmorency; Marguerite 60, son Germain 28, son Raphael 24.
6/26/1699, Marguerite, age 79, died in Hotel Dieu du Quebec.
• Jean would not have very many named descendants. His daughters would help perpetuate the names of the men they married.
Children of Jean and Marguerite:
i. Jeanne Gagnon, born 8/15/1641 in Quebec, Canada.
4/26/1654 in Québec, Jeanne, age 13, married Jean Chapleau, s/o Jean.
5/24/1699 in Quebec, Jeanne, age 58, died.
ii. Renee Marie Gagnon, born 4/8/1643 in Quebec, Canada.
10/3/1660 in Chateau Richer, Renee married Jean Ouimet, s/o Nicolas.
Bef. 11/22/1702, Renee, age 59, died in Ste Famille, I.O.
iii. Marguerite Gagnon (3655), born 2/12/1645 in Quebec, Canada.
iv. Jean Gagnon (1836), born 2/5/1648 in Quebec, Canada.
v. Etienne Gagnon, born 9/19/1650 in Quebec.
vi. Germain Gagnon, born 9/1/1653 in Quebec.
7/27/1688 in Château-Richer, Germain married Jeanne, d/o Jacques David & Marie Grandry.
11/23/1708 in Château-Richer, Germain, age 55, died.
vii. Raphael Gagnon, born 7/18/1656 in Quebec.
10/20/1687 in Château-Richer, age 31, Raphael died.
viii. Marie Gagnon (2011), born 8/1/1659 in Quebec, Canada
- ► 2020 (1361)
- ► 2012 (26)
- ► 2011 (488)
- Lord Henry Fitz Hugh & Elizabeth Grey
- Sir William Bowet & Joan de Ufford
- Baron Thomas Dacre & Philippe Neville
- Sir John Holand & Margaret ?
- Sir William de Fenys & Elizabeth Batisford
- Lord Thomas Bardolf & Avice de Cromwell
- Lord William Phelip & Julian Erpingham
- Vincent Gaulin & Marie Bonnemer
- Antoine Crete & Jeanne LeGrand
- Henri Pinguet & Louise Lousche
- Jean Emard & Marie Bineau
- Antoine Destroismaisons & Jeanne Larcherer
- Eustache Robin & Madeleine Avrard
- Jacques Guyon & Marie Huet
- Loup Mercier & Jeanne Gaillard
- M: 10004
- M: 9992
- M: 9824
- Mathurin Landry & Damiane Desavis
- Rene Boileau & Joachine Serrant
- Louis Gagne & Marie Launay
- Claude Poulin & Jeanne Mercier
- Jacques Blais & Louise Penigaud
- Pierre St-Denis & Vivienne Bunel
- Honore Rousseau & Marie Boillerot
- Gilles Fournier & Noelle Gagnon
- Pierre Bilodeau & Jeanne Fleury
- Fiacre Fiebvre & Jacquette DuSol
- Sebastien Allaire & Perrine Fleurisson
- Jean Creste & Marguerite Gaulin
- Pierre Delaunay & Francoise Pinguet
- Louis Brochu & Renee Micheau
- Jacques Asselin & Cecile Olivier
- Antoine Caffier & Marie Caron
- Francois Lebrant & Madeleine Dubois Leroy
- Pierre Zacharie Cloutier & Marie Madeleine Emard
- Adrien Destroismaisons & Antoinette Leroux
- Julien Fortin & Marie Lavie
- Gervais le Normand & Leonarde Joinault
- Pierre Gareman dit LePicard & Madeleine Charlot
- Lord William de Wylughby & Lucy le Strange
- Lord John de Beaumont & Katherine de Everyngham
- Sir Robert de Grey of Rotherfield & Joan Bellew
- Lord William Deyncourt & Alice de Nevill
- Sir Richard Sergeaux & Philippe de Arundel
- Claude Grenier & Marie Catherine Huot
- Robert Drouin & Marie Dubois
- Jean Cauchon & Marguerite Cointerel
- Francois Pelletier & Simone Pichereau
- Mery Paquet & Vincente Beaumont
- Pierre Paradis & Marie Barbe Guyon dit Dion
- Jean Achon & Helene Renaud Regourde
- Philibert Tremblay & Jeanne Coignet
- Robert Caron & Marie Crevet
- Jacques Lehoux & Marie Meilleur
- Abraham Martin & Marguerite Langlois
- Rene Racine & Marie Loiselle
- Jean Giguere & Madeleine Madeleine Journel
- Pierre Roussin & Jeanne Nyuelle
- Jean Guyon & Marie Mathurine Robin
- Francois Belanger & Francoise Horlays
- Claude Morin & Jeanne Moreau
- Denis Cloutier & Renee Briere
- Jean Blanchard & Radegonde Lambert
- Philippe Muis d’Entremont & Madeleine Elie
- Pierre Laverdure & Priscilla Melanson
- Guillaume Trahan & Francoise Charbonneau
- Jehan Gaudet & Marie Daussy
- Jean Theriault & Perrine Rau
- Andre Bernard & Marie Andree Guyon
- Jacques Badeau & Anne Ardouin
- Francois Baugis & Denise Mercier
- Charles Lavallee & Jehanne Elie
- Noel Langlois & Francoise Grenier
- Earl Aubrey de Vere & Countess Alice Fitz Walter
- Lord John Lovel & Eleanor la Zouche
- Sir John de Dinham & Muriel de Courtenay
- Vincent Vachon & Sapience Rabeau
- Paul de Rainville & Roline Poete
- Louis Delaunay & Margaret Cazalede
- Jacques Maillou & Jeanne Suzanne Arnaud
- M: 5002
- M: 4996 Wood-Carter
- M: 4994
- M: 4992
- M: 4922
- M: 4914
- M: 4912
- Lord William Carminow & Margaret Kelly
- Baron Thomas Carew & Elizabeth Bonville
- M: 4088
- Antoine Brassard & Francoise Mery
- Jean Isabelle & Marie Adam
- Antoine Baucher & Marguerite Guilbert
- Guillaume Landry & Gabrielle Barre
- Antoine Carbonneau & Marguerite Petit
- Simon Chamberlan & Marie Boileau
- Louis Gagne & Marie Michel
- Julien Mercier & Marie Poulin
- Jean Leclerc & Perrette Bunel
- ▼ August (214)